From Co. Derry, Cara Dillon is one of folk music’s leading lights and is set to release a new album, ‘A Thousand Hearts’, on May 19 on her own Charcoal Records in conjunction with Sony Music.
‘A Thousand Hearts’, her first album in more than five years, is produced and arranged by husband Sam Lakeman and features guest vocals from Timothy B Schmit (Eagles), the acclaimed American singer/songwriter Aoife O’Donovan and the respected English folk musician John Smith.
Containing traditional and contemporary songs alike, the album sees Cara tell stories relating to different aspects of the human heart and love.
This May, Dillon will take her tour countrywide.
- Friday 23 May: Burnavon Theatre, Cookstown
- Saturday 24 May: Ardhowan Theatre, Enniskillen
- Sunday 25 May: An Grianan, Letterkenny
- Tuesday 27 May: Roe Valley Arts Centre, Limavady
- Wednesday 28 May: Whelans, Dublin
- Thursday 29 May: The Old Courthouse, Antrim
- Friday 30 May: Riverside Theatre, Coleraine
- Saturday 31 May: Market Place, Armagh
For more information, please visit her website: www.caradillon.co.uk