The Real Music Club has been bringing quality Americana, Roots and Folk music to Northern Ireland since 1998.
September and October 2015 will carry on this tradition with their latest calendar of events.
Take American singer-songwriter Tom Russell for example, playing two gigs in September. Although he’s mostly associated with the Texas country music tradition, he also incorporates elements of folk, Tex-Mex, and the cowboy music of the American West. While many of his songs have been recorded by other artists, including Johnny Cash, k. d. Lang and Guy Clark; his latest album – The Rose of Roscrae – has been lauded as an American masterpiece.
Or there’s Gretchen Peters, playing in beautiful Fitzroy Church. Peters was inducted into the prestigious Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2014, and her latest album Blackbirds had Uncut commenting that it “establishes her as the natural successor to Lucinda Williams.”
The September & October calendar presents:
· Eric Taylor – Thursday 24th September – The Errigle Inn
· Tom Russell – Friday 25th September – The Errigle Inn
· Tom Russell – Saturday 26th September – Flowerfield Arts Centre
· Jeff Finlin – Thursday 1st October – The Errigle Inn
· Steve Forbert – Monday 12th October – The Errigle Inn
· Gretchen Peters – Friday 16th October – Fitzroy Church
· Steve Earle & The Dukes – Friday 23rd October – Limelight 1
Tickets for all of the above shows are available from Real Music Club